Tuesday, October 25, 2011

PAST: ART: "Art Crimes - Fierro" at The Dunes, Opens on WED, June 13th, Free

"Art Crimes - Fierro" on view at The Dunes
Free
Opens on Wednesday, June 13th
Note: Not sure how long the show is up for, will add info once I find it

Local photographer Dominique Fierro's first solo show in DC delights viewers with whimsical human forms alongside striking colorful abstracts. 10% of all art sales will go toward helping displaced youth from the recent hurricane Haiti through jphro.org.

From the Artist: "... I always loved to capture real life moment’s – That’s when I realized that MY camera would never leave my side. It is my true passion and my first love. It allows me to show the world through my eyes.... I feel I have a moral obligation to not only myself to lead a good life but to help others as well."

Fierro's work has been featured in a variety of DC hotspots including MTV's “Real World DC” house, DC Modern Luxury, Bloomingdales, Peacock Cafe, Neiman Marcus, FotoDC Flash, Studio H Gallery, Capitol File, L2 Lounge & FotoWeek.

The Dunes

1402 Meridian Pl, NW 
upstairs, above The Getaway 
Metro: Columbia Heights and walk north about 4 blocks or so, past Park Rd, to Meridian Pl, turn left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment