Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Please Note: Site Updates have been less frequent lately due to a Family Emergency, will hopefully resolve in a few weeks

Dear Readers,

You may have noticed that I have not been posting and updating the site as much as usual. I don't normally bring my personal life into this but I just wanted to let you all know what is up in case you were wondering.

I have been dealing with unexpected emergency situations out of the area related to my parents health and am simply not able to update the site as much as usual. Both my mom and my dad had to have unplanned surgery within days of each other and though it looks like they will both recover there is lots still to deal with on the logistical end to help them out that needs to be resolved over the next few weeks or so while they are in rehab. My brother and sister and I need to clean and pack their apt and search for a new, affordable and physically accessible place for them to live now as well. So, I will be away helping them a lot the next few weeks or so and simply won't be able to be online as much as usual.

I hope you hang in there with me during this time and continue to check the site as well as the facebook and twitter pages. I'll do my best to update and to also pass info along on my Free in DC page on facebook and @FreeinDCBlog on twitter (easier to update things there since I can just copy paste and bounce info).

I run this site on my own so it's hard to maintain when a crisis hits. To be honest, it would be super to have some extra help at this time. If I you or anyone you know might be interested in volunteering some time to help keep the site current and updated please email me at freeindcblog@gmail.com.

All of your support, well wishes, good thoughts, energy, prayers, love and light are most welcome and appreciated for me and my family at this time.

Thanks for reading Free in DC,

Amy

If you'd like to donate to show your support for the site, that's also super appreciated, especially at this time when I will have lots of additional travel expenses. Like many of the events I post, this site is free to you, though your donations are always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment