Monday, February 18, 2008

PAST: Jubilee Singers, Urban Hip Hop Choir & Poetry by your's truly! "Soulful Sundown" this SAT, FEB 23rd, 5:30pm

Soulful Sundown

On Saturday, Feb. 23, at 5:30 pm, join us in the sanctuary for a Concert with the Jubilee Singers and the Urban Nation H.I.P.-H.O.P. Choir... and a poetry performance by your's truly!

The Urban Nation H.I.P.-H.O.P. Choir, directed by Dr. Rickey Payton, Sr., channels the creative and artistic energies of youths into a dynamic, structured group to foster excellence in all facets of their lives. The All Souls Jubilee Singers, directed by Lenard Starks, express their Unitarian faith through gospel, spirituals, jazz, and world music. The Jubilee Singers have made singing for the community an important part of their mission.

I've also been invited to perform so I am really excited to share my poetry along with a piece by Ysaye Barnwell. Hope you might come out and see me! - Amy

http://www.all-souls.org/

All Souls is at the corner of 16th and Harvard St, close to the Columbia Heights Metro and also accessible by bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment